PRPSN offers its ever-widening circles of empowerment and integration through involvement in our self-help groups and Warm Line, membership in our centers, and independence through employment and advocacy. Current services include:
- Self-Help Groups – PRPSN's network of more than 100 self-help groups stretches across Los Angeles County, putting Peer Support within easy reach of interested individuals. Our groups meet weekly in a variety of locations for discussion, friendship and social activities. These peer support groups, can often become the first steps toward recovery, self-help, and wellness. The groups are tailored to bilingual individuals, young adults, and anyone living with mental illness. Current group information is available in the Calendar section of this site.
- Warm Line – The PRPSN Warm Line is Los Angeles County's first after-hours telephone Warm Line for people living with mental health issues. We have two toll-free numbers available Monday through Friday from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm: (888) 448-9777 for English speakers and (888) 448-4055 for Spanish speakers.
- Community Integration Program – Peer Bridgers in our Community Integration Program (CIP) provide one-on-one and group support to peers living in Institutes for Mental Disease (IMD) and other locked facilities including Metropolitan State Hospital and Twin Towers.
- El Centrito de Apoyo operates a Spanish language center, located in Huntington Park. It is a social and educational hub providing members an opportunity to develop wellness skills and to reconnect with their strengths and abilities.
- Un Paso Mas provides culturally appropriate mental health and educational services to the diverse, greater Los Angeles communities of Huntington Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, South Gate, Maywood, Vernon and Cudahy with a focus on the needs of families.
- Hacienda of Hope - Hacienda of Hope is a short-term, residential peer respite program in Long Beach, CA, for people in crisis who are living with mental illness. The environment is welcoming and safe, and the program is staffed by peers with lived experience. Hacienda of Hope provides a unique and healing alternative to hospitalization, through the power of peer support. For more information call: (562) 388-8180.
- Hope Well - Hope Well, co-located with Hacienda of Hope in Long Beach, CA, is an information and resource center managed by peers. This program provides linkage to community services and is open to anyone in need of assistance. A peer specialist will work with you to develop an individualized action plan and monitor your progress as you work toward your goals. For more information call: (562) 388-8180.
- Bill's Corner, named in honor of William H. Compton, Jr., long time Executive Director, innovator and international Mental Health advocate, is a clubhouse where people can relax while playing games, socializing and connecting with each other.
- Training - Working with the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health (LADMH), PRPSN provides three levels of Peer Advocate Training throughout the year. These trainings give peers the professional skills they need to pursue careers within the mental health system. We also provide training on Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) within our other programs including The Hacienda of Hope. In addition, Project Return Peer Support Network can provide training to both public and private organizations and agencies on stigma reduction, community advocacy, and the nuts and bolts of developing peer-run organizations.
Do you need someone to talk to? Our Warm Line is here to help. Run by peers for peers, this anonymous and free service is here for you. Call 888-448-9777 to speak to someone. Available weekdays from 5pm to 10pm.
La Linea de Apoyo
¿Necesitas a alguien con quien hablar? Llama a la linea de Apoyo. La Linea de Apoyo es confidencial pero no para crisis. La llamada es gratis. Llame 888-448-4055. Bilingue (Ingles y Español) los partidarios del igual están disponibles. Lunes a viernes 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
What the Heck Does the CEO Do?